1. Ultra a week - what comprises an ultra for the challenge?
- Training run 30 miles minimum (The North York Moors, The Wolds etc)
- Training run 27 miles minimum ( Lake District, Highlands, Snowdonia)
- Any foot race over 27 miles.
- Any race under 27 miles I must add distance to it to make it over 27 miles.
2. 3 x 100 mile races
To throw a spanner in the works, I must complete 3 x 100 mile races within the year.
recovery after the event and tapering for the event will be put to the test.
June - West Highland Way Race (95 miles + 5 miles extra) Entered, all down to the draw
July - Lakeland 100 (105 miles) entered
August - Possibly UTMB (103 miles) will enter all down to the lottery
3 4 x 50+ mile races
As well as the 3 x 100 mile races I must also complete 4 x 50 + mile races/challenges throuPossible events are -
Woldsman or the Fellsman (same weekend)
Bob Graham Round
I will raise money in the process of my challenge for the
'International Rescue Corps' http://www.intrescue.org/ via the justgiving site.